11 May 2015

Hoodlums almost killed my son and I’

‘Hoodlums almost killed my son and I’

A woman, who survived attack by hoodlums, said one of them men smashed a big plank on her head as she tried to safe her bloody son from their clutches at Mushin area of Lagos State.
The woman, Mrs Biola Omotosho, said her son, Muiz, was returning from Ijora when the hoodlums attacked him. She said: “They beat him mercilessly and stole his phone and wallet. I was at home when some people, who knew him, rushed to call me that my son had been attacked.

When I got there, I met the miscreants still beating him. I tried to stop them; one of them smashed a plank on my head. “After that, I ran home to inform my family members. I begged them to help me rescue my son. Before I got home, I fainted on the road owing to the blood I have lost.” It was also gathered that seven persons were injured after the 20 armed hoodlums attacked residents of Mushin area.
The miscreants were said to have targeted Giwa, Adeniyi and Cole streets around ‘Tollgate’ in their attacks. The thugs stormed the streets randomly, starting from Fadeyi bus stop. They attacked motorcycle riders and traders. Many vehicles parked on the streets were not spared.
The incident, which occurred on May 5, saw many residents scamper into safety as the hoodlums also dispossessed victims of their valuables at gunpoint.
A commercial motorcyclist, Johnson Omobolaji, said: “My friend, Emmanuel Ojo, and I were coming from the direction of Fadeyi bus stop, when we suddenly heard the cry of a woman shouting for help. I persuaded my friend that we should stop and assist the woman. When we got to the spot, we saw that she and her son were being beaten by the hoodlums. Then we pleaded with them to spare the woman and her son.
“But, one of them attacked us with a machete. We immediately left the scene and rushed to hospital, so that we would not bleed to death.”
Mrs Olushola Shobon, a grocer on Giwa Street, narrated how her shop and money were looted by the rampaging hoodlums. Shobon said she was in her shop when she heard gunshots, adding that the customer she was attending to fled. She said: “By the time I came back from my hiding, they invaded my shop and looted everything.
They stole my N300,000. I’m tired of these hoodlums’ harassment. We want the Lagos State Police Command to come to our rescue. We don’t have another place to run to.
By newtelegraph

No comments:

Post a Comment